Mrs. Pema Dolma has been a licensed Nurse since 1998. She has her Masters in Public Health degree from Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia and Bachelor of Nursing from La Trobe University, Melbourne. The vast numbers of years of experience in the Clinical and Academic field allows her to bring in her expertise and lived clinical experiences into the classroom for the teaching and learning of student nurses. The virtue of being a trained UNICEF counsellor for Infant and Young Child Feeding Program at the National level allowed her to render an active voice in various mediums including Television, BBS Radio and Newspapers. Before joining Apollo Bhutan Institute of Nursing, she served as the first Academic Chairperson and a lecturer at then Reldri Academy of Health Sciences (now Arura Academy of Health Sciences) from 2014-2016. Under her leadership, guidance and team work as the Academic Chairperson, Reldri produced a competent set of first two batches of students who topped the KGUMSB exam and Royal Civil Service Commission exam in 2017 and 2018.
Current Role and Position
Currently she is the Dean at the Apollo Bhutan Institute of Nursing. She also teaches Diploma students in Academic skills, Nursing, Law and Ethics in Nursing and Paediatric Nursing.
Training and Education
1) Masters in Public Health majoring in Health Promotion, Curtin university, Perth, WA.
2) Bachelor of Nursing, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.
3) Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery, Royal Institute of Health Sciences, Thimphu, Bhutan
4) Certificate of attendance in the South Asia Regional Workshop for Infant and Young Child Feeding Program, Barog Dist. Himachal Pradesh, India
5) Certificate in Lactation Management, Siriraj Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand.
3) Certificate in Maternal and Newborn Nursing, Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Bangkok, Thailand.
4) Certificate in Management of Children with Malnutrition, International Centre of Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh, Dhaka (ICDDRB)
5) Certificate in Trainer of Trainers for Infant and Young Child Feeding Program, UNICEF, Thimphu, Bhutan